Then you should be getting an invitation to apply for either a 3 year Temporary Protection Visa (TPV) or a 5 year Safe Haven Enterprise Visa (SHEV).
If you have not received an invitation, contact the Department of Immigration or your Caseworker, and make sure the Department has your correct address.
You only have 28 days from the day you are taken to have received the letter, but there is an automatic extension of 60 days.
You must submit:
1. Form 790 for SHEV OR Form 866 for TPV;
2. Statutory declarations telling exactly why you left your country;
3. Any proof of your claims for protection;
4. Translated identity documents;
5. 2 passport size photos for you and each of your family;
6. The visa application fee of $35 by either money order or bank cheque (made out to the “Department of Immigration and Border Protection”). You can pay by credit or debit card, but make sure you have enough money to pay for the bank fee (usually around 35 to 50 cents)
You must choose which visa is the best for you and your family. It is important to understand that only the SHEV pathway has the pathway to possible permanent residency.
It is best to seek professional advice before you lodge your application. There are a few places where you can get help for free or for low cost. The Refugee Council Of Australia has a list here.